June 5, 2020
Dear East Shore Leadership Academy Parents/Guardians,
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for staying engaged with us during the school closure due to COVID-19. It has been a challenge for us all, but we are confident that as a school family we will get through this together.
The school year will start on September 8, 2020. East Shore Leadership Academy summer hours will be from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. July 13-16, July 20-23, and July 27-30, 2020.
In preparation for next year, as it may look different, there are several things for all of us to focus our attention on:
• We are looking at several different models on what school MAY look like next year which may include;
o Resume school as normal
o Blended in-person and virtual learning (school and at home)
o Offer families that do not feel comfortable with their child at school in person an
opportunity to continue with 100% virtual learning
- When ESLA opens we will increase cleaning and safety precautions to ensure your childis in a clean and safe learning environment.
- Next school year ESLA will provide each student a school-issued computer to use athome while actively enrolled at ESLA.
- All new and returning families will be issued a $50 gift card as long as the student isenrolled at least through October 7, 2020.
- We will be available to you this summer if you have any questions or need anyassistance with anything during that time.
o June 29, 2020 – July 1, 2020 from 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. A. family member can come to the school to pick up any of their child’s items leftover during the closure and turn in their completed assignments. Please only send one adult family member per household during this week as we want to comply with social distancing and wearing a mask until the order has been lifted.
- Look for summer mailings from ESLA with updates from the school and/or teachers.
- All student completed assignments (paper) will be due over the summer between 9:00a.m. – 12:00 p.m. the weeks of June 29-July 1, July 13-16, July 20-23, and July 27-30, 2020.